Sunday, April 12, 2009

Nagisa Ni Te - The Same As The Flower (2004)

A duo of Japanese lovers, Shinjii Shibayama and Masako Takeda, form Nagisa Ni Te which translates as "on the beach." I'll admit it, I'm a complete sucker for harmonies and Nagisa Ni Te excels at creating the most beautiful of these. Not unlike the Skygreen Leopards in the last post they make psychedelically tinged folk music almost to the the degree of dream pop, but very unlike them this stuff is fully sung in Japanese. As I frequently point out, the language barrier is nothing to fret over, the sounds of the Japanese language are dazzling elegant to the ear even if one can't understand the meaning of a blasted word. Being enrolled in a Japanese history course this semester as endeared me to the habit of listening to this band while reading the many histories and ethnographies required in the classwork. The Same As The Flower isn't their only release, but it is the one I'm obessing over as of late, but I can share the others I have if there's a call for them. In fact not too long ago I think those wizards over at Ill-formed posted their latest album... Someday I too will be a wizard...

To be had here:
Nagisa Ni Te - The Same As The Flower [192 kbps]

2 comments:

  1. i was looking for this album. the first music that i listened from them is on the beach. they made me dream with the instrumental and the vocals. see the cover from this song that jens lekman did: http://zeonmusic.blogspot.com/2008/06/cover-vs-original-jens-lekmannagisa-ni.html
    thanks for another awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post some other albums, I love Nagisa Ni Te, music to drift away on the beach to...

    ReplyDelete