Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Skygreen Leopards - Gorgeous Johnny (2009)

I dismayed myself by not realizing this release was out sooner. As longer term readers will recall, I am very fond of the Skygreen Leopards and a bit ago posted all their albums prior to this most recent release. I might be able to repost them if their is a call for them, but for the most part people haven't downloaded much of the Boredoms I re-uploaded so I'm not overly worried. On to the meat of the discussion and the album at hand, Gorgeous Johnny, that is. It is superbly done album in the same genre as the previous work this band has produced. Perhaps this is the biggest fault is that it is conservatively similar to the albums I've already heard. However, it is tough to say which is a superior route to take, improving what one excels at or trying one's hand at something different with all accompanying risks. The band certainly is getting very making their sound, yet the extremely polished feel might not be good if you're looking for raw folk music. For a cleaned up and shined album is remarkable example of psych-folk.

To be had here:
The Skygreen Leopards - Gorgeous Johnny [320 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment