Friday, February 5, 2010

Ty Segall - Ty Segall (2008)

First of all, I apologize for my failure to be on top of the posting. There was a series of car accidents with my in the middle resulting in some rather annoyingly painful injuries to my person. Luckily, nothing to serious, however that car drove its last that night. On with the post, I see my co-poster Warren smartly put up the White Stripes first album, which I vividly recall as my introduction into good modern music back in middle school. As the years have gone on I find that it is my favorite album of theirs, likely due largely to nostalgia. My love for garage rock has never waned over the years, though it has become more refined and sophisticated, at least I tell myself this. Here enters Ty Segall, who is very much my current favorite in the genre. In my opinion they've blown Thee Oh Sees and the other attempts to revamp garage rock revivalism out of the water. This shit is gold. It has everything I remember listen to as I failed middle school journalism class. Fuzzed out guitars, pounding drums to push it all along, and singing that out have to listen to at least a half a dozen times to understand a fucking word of. Despite coming from one of the places I least connect with garage rock in my mind, Orange County, these fellas have made something even old John Sinclair could be proud of. I know they've got a newer album out, but I haven't gotten it at a bit rate I like yet, so hold your horses and enjoy what I got.

To be had here:
Ty Segall - Ty Segall [192 kbps]

2 comments:

  1. prepare to have your mind blown...

    ty segall is a one man band =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post.
    interestingly enough, the white stripes were my introduction to good music too. i still have a soledad brothers shirt kicking around somewhere. i remember ordering blanche's CD "if we can't trust the doctors" when I was 13.

    ReplyDelete