Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Matt K. Shrugg - Gone Ashtray (2010)

This is another release from Tic Tac Totally. The information I found on Matt K. Shrugg is that he's in the bands Pizzas and Zodiac Killers. I've not gotten the chance to listen to either of these groups, but I easily found this solo album. Naturally, the sound of the record is similar to many of the other posts. Noticing that I have a mild obsession? Anyway, what makes this stand out a bit is that he seems more adventurous in his composition. While there is nothing wrong with the loud garage punk I have posted thus far, in fact I can't get enough of it, this is a nice lesson on how the style can be pushed around. Not every song can be considered as venturesome, but they surely will get the heart pulsating. They're selling this shit on vinyl too, which is pretty great and I don't point that out often enough.

To be had here:
Matt K. Shrugg - Gone Ashtray [320 VBR kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment