Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Inclined Plane - I Am Pants (2009) & Paw Meds/Mary, All the Time 7" (2010)

Full disclosure first, this is my good pal Johnny's band and I am as huge ass for forgetting to post the full-length earlier. My assery aside, his band is well worth listening to and I'd almost definitely be posting it regardless of my associations. The Inclined Plane makes some remarkably flexible sound that fluxes between their undoubtedly diverse influences. Certainly a healthy dose of Elephant 6 style psychedelic experimentation can be heard, as well as underpinning informed by the Beach Boys and the Velvet Underground. In addition to last year's full-length I Am Pants, I was recently sent their newest 7" single. The Paw Meds/Mary, All the Time 7" is so new that you can still pre-order one of the vinyl pressings from February Records. The songs on the single have an even heavier Pet Sounds vibe in my opinion with its subdued harmonics and dreamy tones.

To be had here


I Am Pants [128 kbps] ~ Album art is around somewhere, I can't seem to get the jpeg from last.fm or whatever.







Paw Meds/Mary, All the Time 7" [192 kbps]

Remember you pre-order @ February Records!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT! I love this band, been listening to them a lot on myspace and lastfm.

    ReplyDelete