Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Babies - The Babies (2011)

Those Vivian Girls are rather prolific musicians. Not only has Frankie Rose gone off and done her thing but her bandmate Cassie Ramone decided to team up with Kevin Morby from Woods. The group also features Nathanael Stark of Bent Outta Shape and Justin Sullivan of Ringers and Bossy. As might be easily assumed the Babies have a lo-fi garage quality, but they also quite poppy and sunny to the point of seeming like surf pop at times. On last.fm some individuals have tagged "beachgaze," which is simply adorable. That aside, the band is without a doubt extremely catchy I've already listened to this several times over. Don't think this is supposed to be out into Feburary, but Spacerockmountain standard time is in the future and past all at once.

Note: Sorry about my messing up the original .zip file. It did not include the fourth track of the album, but all the new uploads that I post here indeed contain it. Sorry if that is annoying, but it is a leak so shit happens. I put it on several sites so it might be up longer, as mediafire fancies taking it down nearly as quickly as I can put it up.

To be had here:
The Babies - The Babies [320 kbps]

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know, could've sworn I had that link set up but I guess it messed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoying this - cheers man!

    edo
    knowyourconjurer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to keep this one up. Mediafire is fighting it so I might need to try another site. I just reuploaded it though so it might be good for at least a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retagged and reuploaded without the 20mb of embedded artwork

    http://www.multiupload.com/CDEFRP6OPF

    Thanks for the leak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this blog and have gained some great music from it. I also play in a band and would like to offer up my band's album 'Way Back In' by 'The Sunday Sessions' for your consideration on this blog. It can be listened to or downloaded at

    http://thesundaysessions.bandcamp.com/

    I can be contacted at blackiebarker@gmail.com

    Thanks. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  6. whats up with the missing track? is this an 11-song or 10-song album?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah-track 4 (voice like thunder) is missing from the up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I had it all, but that track might have failed to download correctly from the p2p for me. I can't fix this until I get off work. Bear with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no worries. i appreciate the music!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The track that's missing is one of the best on the album!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's really nice that you apologize for not leaking 1 of 11 tracks that don't belong to you and the band could have made money on the album for them. Maybe someone will return the favor when you are working for a living someday! I hope they keep taking it down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not stopping anyone from paying for anything. They'll buy it if they want to, but personally I am not gonna buy an album I haven't heard already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey scab boy, why buy it when you steal and give it away for free.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's a difference between hearing it before you buy it and downloading the entire album for free so there is no need to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't see why you're making a fuss, this is gonna happen no matter what your opinion. But if you really wanna argue it then the matter of need should never enter into a discussion about music. It is never necessary, it is an art form and if you likes it then they'll support or see it dwindle. Therefore, even if it can be obtained for free, as all digital media can and most likely shall be forward, then it is about spending the money when not being made to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you are distributing the band's tracks without their permission, it's stealing, it's a crime. If you don't think so, have your mom call the Ferndale prosecuting attorney monday morning and see how long it is before she takes away your laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey, anonymous, stop being a curmudgeonly sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Could you re-link the album please? I can't find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  19. please repost the babies

    ReplyDelete
  20. it would be great if you could upload again the album

    ReplyDelete