Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Astro Al - The Purple Mushroon (2011) & The Neighbor's Giraffe & Other Children's Songs For Psychedelic Adults (2011)

I meant to post this up yesterday, as it seemed rather appropriate for Halloween. Astro Al is a psychedelic band that's quite outlandish. They've got spoken word stories that are rather creepy over suitably unnerving backgrounds, nostalgia-inducing reinterpretations of children's music, and some of the most absurd and strange instrumentation I've yet have sent to me. Mood shifts from silly all the way to haunting on these albums. The songs are really enjoyable, though you need be prepared for an unusually bizarre listen. I really liked "Big Rock Candy Mountains" in particular. Finally, these guys did me a solid and sent to physical copies of the CDs listen to, and though I am passing them out here they're selling the albums on their website. Think you need pay pal for that.

To be had here:



The Purple Mushroom [320 kbps]












The Neighbor's Giraffe & Other Children's Songs For Psychedelic Adults [320 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment