Sunday, December 4, 2011

Demolition Doll Rods - There Is A Difference (2006)

The Demolition Doll Rods are a Detroit garage rock band I've wanted to post up for a long time now. However, like many of these Midwestern garage rock albums that I collected when I was a teenager, most of my albums by this group are lower bit rate than I'd like for sharing. There Is A Difference is the exception, so that's why I picked this album in particular. First, some background on the Demolition Doll Rods, they are main group that Dan Kroha has played with after the Gories, in which is was a guitarist and singer along with Mick Collins. Teaming up with two other musicians, they formed the Demolition Doll Rods and made up a backstory for the group with neat little nicknames. I generally ignore all the jazz save for the music itself, which is some real trashy, lo-fi rock. There Is A Difference is the last album they've released, but I have heard of them playing shows since so I do believe they're still active. Regardless, it's a good idea for anyone that's a fan of the previous Detroit garage I've posted or trashy rock like Pussy Galore to check out.

To be had here:
Demolition Doll Rods - There Is A Difference [192 kbps]

No comments:

Post a Comment