Monday, February 6, 2012

Highlands - Singularity (2012)

Highlands play Californian psychedelic shoegaze. Admittedly, it is pretty easy to sell me on that sort of music, but I shouldn't like to suggest that Highlands aren't worth hearing. Their songs are dreamy, wandering rock of middling length. The psychedelic influences are more strongly recognizable in the fashion of 70s or 80s progressive psychedelic. Basically, I am saying the singing is done lovely and understandably which seems somewhat uncommon on this blog. So in that sense they're different from say the recently posted upon Acid Kicks, but I'd say every inch as compelling. I listened to this thing twice over back-to-back before writing it up, and I'd say it was like taking a tiny surreal journey. Meant in a complimentary sense, naturally.

To be had here:
Highlands - Singularity [256 VBR kbps]

1 comment: