Friday, January 31, 2014

Kramies - The Wooden Heart (2014)

This record has three things going for it:

1. It is being released by Hidden Shoal, one of the best labels around putting out dreamy pop music.

2. Folks involved with Guided by Voices and Grandaddy have helped with the production.

3. The recording quality is immaculate without sounding processed.

The layers of lush sound found on the EP's title track may not cure cancer, but it almost surely can cure canker sores. Did I ever mention that I studied medicine during the French Revolution? And by "study medicine", I mean I killed a lot of people and ate them. This EP is much more relaxing than that time period in my life, and any fan of the aforementioned bands who isn't taking this one out for a spin should be a patient at my lobotomy school.

Download it here:
Kramies - The Wooden Heart (2014)

Or buy the physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment