Friday, May 16, 2014

Piresian Beach - I Cannot See For Miles (2014)


A little bit of explaining to begin with I suppose, for those unfamiliar with Piresian Beach, the band is a lo-fi rock project out of Budapest blends garage rock, psychedelic and post-punk into that beautiful concoction of distorted bliss. This is a release I've been looking forward to ever since I've gotten back into contact with the lady who so brilliant heads this band. I learnt of Piresian Beach back in 2011 with the most righteous album, Fuck Your Mind, and only due to what I can reasonably classify as criminal neglect did I not follow the releases more closes in the intervening period. Getting word of this has sent into a frenzy to hear all the songs put out in the last three years, and it has been totally worth it. Sure, they're far from the only band that I describe like this, in fact I fear I sound like a broken record with how I so frequently extoll groups that make this blended low fidelity style. However, the experience of fearing it is what really will sell it more than any descriptors could ever, just like a good recipe it isn't necessarily individual ingredients but the sum product that is praiseworthy. It is absolutely worth digging throught the discography, the Alle Falle EP from 2012 is every inch as amazing as I Cannot See For Miles. Makes me wish I could go to Budapest just to fawn of it it live.

To be had here:

No comments:

Post a Comment